Scout Clinical Patient Journey: Case Study #37Aug 20, 2021
Provide alternative, long-term housing to a pregnant study patient during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure the safety for a late-term pregnant patient and her unborn baby, Scout moved the patient along with her family to a rental property close to her treating institution. This ensured that the patient would be able to give birth at the treating institution to enable her newborn baby to participate in a rare-disease clinical trial.
The following procedures were implemented:
- Locate housing within walking distance of the site
- Arrange transport for patient and her family along with needed personal items for the duration of the study
- Pre-payment of the rental housing on a weekly basis
- Conduct weekly meetings with sponsor and CRO to update all parties and confirm quick turn-around times for needed approvals
- Remain in constant communication with the site and the patient to understand and fulfill their needs
The Keys to Success:
- Quick action
- Leveraged local resources in city where treatment took place
- Frequent communication with sponsor, CRO and site
- 24-hour availability to patient and site